What is American Studies? The U.S. History curriculum in this school district is divided into two parts. Part 1 is taught in the earlier grades, and part 2 is taught in the 7th grade. The 7th grade curriculum focuses on the 20th Century America. Our course is taught sequentially. We begin with Reconstruction after the Civil War and conclude with America in a Changing World.
I look forward to working with you and your son or daughter in making this year a very positive and rewarding learning experience. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please contact me.
Online Textbook: https://www.pearsonsuccessnet.com
User Name: Am Studies Student (Case Sensitive)
Password: Slattery1 (Case Sensitive)
If you are having issues launching the online textbook using Internet Explorer Settings (Windows Computers), the following are a set of instructions that may help.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Access Mr Slattery’s Moodle Page at http://learn.district196.org/course/view.php?id=2508. Highlight and copy the Online Text Book link (https://www.pearsonsuccessnet.com/snpapp/login/PsnLandingPage.jsp?showLandingPage=true)
- From the Internet Explorer Tools button, choose Internet Options
- Click on the Security Tab and select Trusted Sites / Click on the Sites button. Paste the Online Text Book link into the Trusted Sites. Click Close.
- Click on the Privacy Tab and under Pop-Up Blocker, click on Settings. Paste the Online Text Book link into the allowed websites. Click Close.
- Click OK.
- Launch the Online Text Book. Enter students Username and Password (case sensitive)
- Click on TextBook.
Current Chapter Notes Presentations: