Beth Moran, Speech-Language Therapy
WelcomeBack to School !!
I WELCOME you to Beth Moran's
How to contact me:Beth Moran, MS, CCC-SLP
Voice Mail: 651-423-6969 ext. 92833
Mondays / Wednesdays / Thursdays
Diamond Path Elementary
School of International Studies
Tuesdays / Fridays
Blackhawk Middle School
EVENTSCALENDAR OF EVENTSCheck the posts (on the right) to find out what is happening this month and in the near future!--------------------> ----------------------> ---------------------> -------------------->Latest News --- Upcoming Events --- Calendar
Topic 6In September
"International Week of the Deaf."
Go to this website to learn more:
AppsSpeech and Language APPS
Mrs. Moran's FAVORITE speech and language free apps:
1. My Play Home My Play Home-Lite2. Toontastic
Language AppsVoice AppsFluency AppsAutism AppsSensory Apps
AAC appsThere are many educational apps directed toward speech and language skill areas for learning as well as enjoyment. This tool has come to aid speech and language practice both inside and outside of therapy sessions.**If you have a favorite app, please share with me so I can add it to these lists.
National Down Syndrome
Did you know . . .
- 1 in every 691 babies in the United States are born with Down Syndrome
- Down syndrome occurs when an individual has a full or partial extra copy of chromosome #21
- There are 3 different types of Down syndrome
- 400,000 people are living with Down syndrome in the United States
Go to this link to learn more:
Topic 115 FUN & SIMPLE Ways to Enhance
Your Child’s Communication Skills Over the Summer!
(Click on this title to open the document)
Six Weeks of Summer Interactive
Speech and Language Practice Activities
(Click on this title to link to the website)
Story Sunday - Matching Monday - Telling Tuesday - Word Wednesday - Thinking Thursday - Fun Friday - Sound Saturday
Topic 12Learning Websites, Games, and Developmental Charts to Better Understand the
Communication Skills of our Students/Children
loudness / volume
Check back for more interactive links that will be added periodically.
ResourcesWebsites for Parents and Caregivers
ASL US Insurance Net - an American Sign Language Reference Site
Signing Time Online Dictionary - Look up a word to see how to sign it!
If you have a link you frequently use or would benefit others, I will be happy to add it here.
This Speech-Language Web Page provides:
- Events calendar for Diamond Path Elementary, ISD196 community, plus specific CID events(i.e. school-wide activities, center-based classroom fieldtrips, ASD related parent events in the community)
- Speech and Language at home practice ideas(i.e. articulation, vocabulary, comprehension, voice, fluency, sign language, etc.)
- Websites for students(learning sites with stories, activities, games, etc.)
- Resources for families/caregivers(websites, video clips, handouts)
- Plus "month specific" sections (i.e. Autism Awareness Month, Hearing and Speech Month, After School Classes)
Look for updated speech-language therapy information for both the special education mainstreamed students and the center-based classroom students (CID=Communication Interaction Disorders). This web page is developed and maintained by Beth Moran, MS, CCC-SLP. Please contact me if you have any comments or questions.
Take the Poll
Take the Poll
|What does SLP stand for?|
|Special Language Person (1)|
|None of the above (0)|
|Speech Language Learning Program (0)|
|Speech Language Pathologist (0)|
|Special Learning Program (0)|