The JAM School Program brings physical activity and health education into the classroom. JAM is designed to teach kids (and adults) healthier lifestyle habits. JAM is a free wellness resource for schools.
JAM resources offer a weekly one-minute exercise routine called JAMmin Minute, an athlete featured more extensive routine called JAM Blast, and a monthly health newsletter called Health-E-Tips.
JAMmin' Minute: A one-minute fitness routine that includes 5 very simple exercises that kids (and staff) can do while either standing at their desk or sitting in a chair. Included on this weekly communication is a health tip, something simple that teaches a healthier habit. These routines are authored by us and we invite schools to submit routines to us!
Benefits and Uses
- Wellness (daily physical activity and health education) for students and staff
- Add them to classroom curriculum, to assemblies, to the morning announcements over the PA system
- PE teachers can use these as a warm up or combine several routines for a complete program
- Students can lead each other as “JAM Leader” or “Drill Sergeant” of the week
- Set up some friendly competition in the classroom, among staff, or district-wide
- Send home with the kids, publish on your intranet and in the school newspaper, copy and post, video record classes and load to school website
- Tool for use to create wellness/fitness ambassadors at school
- Emphasis on establishing daily habits
- Health education that is effective and efficient
- Improves self-esteem and concentration
- Everyone can participate, even the physically challenged
- Fun, quick and effective
Each week of the school year, teachers and administrators receive an e-communication.
This communication will include:
a link to our private JAM Library webpage that houses our JAM routines
JAM Good Ideas & JAM Good News
success stories from schools
highlights of school-authored routines
links to kids doing the JAM routines
It is FUN!!!
Everyone is doing the same thing at the same time.
Creates a sense of community and belonging.
There is no judgment or competition.
The JAM routines help improve strength, conditioning and coordination.
Brain breaks - Improves performance through more energy & refocusing.
Adds more physical activity minutes to your day.
The JAM School Program is promoted and backed by leading groups such as Let’s Move!, the American Heart Association, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, NFL Play 60, USDA, National PTA, NBA FIT, Discovery Education’s Energy Balance 101, and NASPE (the largest group providing physical activity resources to teachers across America) plus hundreds of state and local groups and organizations with health and wellness initiatives.