This is Mr. Rotvold's Moodle site. I am a school counselor here at Falcon Ridge. This year I am working with students in 61, 71, and 72.
How Do Counselors Help?
How do counselors help students?
- Counselors meet with students for individual and group counseling.
- Counselors help promote academic achievement and social growth.
- Counselors provide guidance curriculum in the classroom to enhance the learning process.
- Counselors help students establish personal goals and develop future career paths.
How do counselors help parents?
- Counselors help parents respond to the challenges of raising adolescents by providing information and support services.
- Counselors collaborate with parents and staff to address student needs.
- Counselors assist parents with interpreting assessment results.
- Counselors connect families to community resources.
How are students referred?
- Students can make an appointment with their counselor directly.
- Students, parents and teachers can fill out a referral form and drop it off in the counselors' confidential drop box in front of the counselors' offices.
- Parents can call or email the counselors to request a meeting with their child.